Information from Robin Warashaw's
- Women ages 16 to 24 are the most likely victims of sexual assault.
- One out of every four college women has been the victim of rape or attempted rape.
- In rape cases, 85 percent of the victims know their attackers, but only about five percent report the rape.
- In a study conducted at UCLA, 30 percent of the men surveyed said they would commit rape if they knew they would not get caught, while 50 percent said they would force a woman to have sex if they knew they would not be caught.
- About 75 percent of the men and at least 55 percent of the women involved in acquaintance rape had been using drugs or alcohol prior to the attack.
I Never Called It Rape
Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape.