Berks Women In Crisis Can Help
Berks Women in Crisis provides comprehensive services for victims of domestic and sexual violence. Services include:
- Two 24-hour hotlines, English and Spanish, for supportive counseling and information.
- Emergency room accompaniment for injuries resulting from rape and domestiv violence.
- Support groups for victims of domestic and sexual violence.
- Individual counseling.
- Emergency shelter for women and their children seeking safety from domestic violence.
- Spanish Speaking Services.
- Advocacy with agencies for housing, education, employment, and public assistance.
- Housing - the Emma Lazarus Place and low cost, post-shelter transistional.
- PeaceWorks - Community education through violence-free curricula, personal safety programs, and professional training. Support groups for addressing anger management, teaching tolerance, and conflict resolution.
- Public awareness programs.
- REPRESENTATION by an attorney at all hearings.
- Legal information about court procedures, protection orders, and criminal processes.
- Court accompaniment at civil and criminal hearings and Protection From Abuse (PFA) Order instruction.