Berks Women in Crisis Can Help
Berks Women in Crisis provides comprehensive services for victims of domestic violence and sexual violence. Services include:
- 24-hour hotline for supportive counseling and information.
- Emergency room accompaniment for injuries resulting from rape and domestic violence.
- Legal representation in protection from abuse cases and accompaniment and information about court procedures, protection orders, and criminal processes.
- Individual and group counseling for victims of domestic violence and sexual violence.
- Emergency shelter for women and their children seeking safety from domestic violence.
- Advocacy with agencies for housing, employment, and public assistance.
- Spanish language services and advocacy in the Latino community.
- Transistional housing - low-cost and post-shelter.
- The Emma LAzarua Place - permanent housing community and child-parent center.
- Community education through violence-free curricula, personal safety programs and professional training.
All services are free and confidential.
We are here to help you.